Rooms and amenities
Even at breakfast, you can watch the large container vessels, historical sailing ships and the hustle and bustle in Hamburg harbour from the dining room. Next door: the cult district of St Pauli and city centre, barges and the shopping district. The hostel also scores highly with its modern ambience and international flair.
Rooms for dreaming in
- Modern double to 6-bed rooms with shower/toilet
- 3 panoramadorms (8-bed rooms) with harbour view
- Large panoramic lobby, terraces with harbour view
- Kitchen for backpackers
- Billiards, table tennis, giant chess
- TV rooms with DVD players, 3 common rooms with OHP and flipchart, internet terminals
- Room with washing machine and dryer, lockable bicycle room
- Lockers and a key card system to provide security. The key cards allow 24-hour access to the hostel.
The panoramadorms have a great view and are perfect for price-conscious backpackers. The dorms are mixed gender, for guests aged 18 and above.
Chicago Backpackers Bistro
The modern style bistro of the youth hostel overlooks the port of Hamburg and offers beer, wine, cocktails and light snacks and the best view of the nightlife in the port. The CHICAGO BACKPACKERS BISTRO is a place where nations meet - you won't find a more international bar in Hamburg. Opening times: from Monday to Saturday from 7 p.m.
Due to its great location, Hamburg "Auf dem Stintfang" Youth Hostel is the ideal base from which to explore Hamburg. For culture vultures and party-goers. The friendly staff at the TouristPoint will give you advice from A for Altona to Z for Zeughausmarkt. Staff can also sell you the HamburgCard as well as tickets for harbour tours and musicals.